domingo, 1 de junho de 2008

Tiago's dialogue assignment

Synopsis: Cindy cheated on her husband for a few years. When he found out, he simply sent her away. Does she really trust her lover Lee to comfort her?

(Synopsis of dialogue: Cindy calls Lee, who has been her lover for a few years but has now something to say...)
 
SCENE: Cindy’s at a hotel in New York, by herself. Lee’s at a restaurant in L.A.
 
Cindy:          Lee?
Lee:
              Hey, honey bunny!
Cindy:
          Are you home?
Lee:
              Yeah... you at the hotel already?
Cindy:
          I am...
Lee:
              You talked to your mother?
Cindy:
          I did, I’m meeting her tomorrow morning.
Lee:
              You alright?
Cindy:
          Yeah, I guess...
Lee:
              Wass up? You talked to Jerry?
Cindy:
          No... I tried but he wouldn’t talk to me, he totally hates me now...
Lee:
              Well, I don’t blame him...
Cindy:
          What a splendid thought...... Is Jimmy there?
Lee:
              Yeah...
Cindy:
          By your side?
Lee:
              Yeah...
Cindy:
          Put him on the speaker.
Lee:
              Hold on... Here boy... talk to Cindy...
Cindy:
          I can’t hear him...
Lee:
              He’s not very communicative today...
Cindy:
          Couldn’t even hear his breathing...
Lee:
              He’s not breathing... I mean, he’s not breathing out loud...
Cindy:
          Alright...
Lee:
              But he’s looking at me kinda funny...
Cindy:
          Like how?
Lee:
              Like... a little sad...
Cindy:
          Oh... poor Jimmy... Cuddle him!
Lee:
              That’s what I’m doing...
Someone
at the
restaurant: One big steak and a beer!
Cindy:
          I heard a voice...
Lee:
              It’s the TV.
Cindy:
          So, you gonna work tonight?
Lee:
              Naaa... They’ve given me the night, ‘coz tomorrow I’m leaving early to
                      Denver...
Cindy:
          Why?
Lee:
              It’s just a little business trip...
Cindy:
          Lee, I can’t believe you’re lying to me!
Lee:
              Why would I lie to you?
Cindy:
          You’ve never been on a business trip before!
Lee:
              I’ve just been promoted!
Cindy:
          Over night? Oh God..... This isn’t happening... I knew this would
                      come...
Lee:
              Calm down... what are you talkin’ about?
Cindy:
          You don’t love me, Lee, maybe you never did!
Lee:
              ‘Course I love you, sweet pie!
CINDY:
        So what’s that loud noise? Are they having dinner on the TV show?
Lee:
              It’s just some channel...
Cindy:
          DON’T GIVE ME BULLSHIT, LEE!
Lee:
              Alright, alright... I didn’t want you all jealous just coz I’m eating out!
Cindy:
          Why would I get jealous... And Jimmy!... How could you?... You don’t  
                      sound like yourself... What’s happened? WHAT’S HAPPENING TO US,
                      LEE?
Lee:
              Calm down... Listen, there’s something I gotta tell you...
Cindy:
          Oh no... Oh God... I knew it... You lying cheating scum, you stupid little 
                      man!
Lee:
              Wait... Listen, just hold on a second, OK?..... Hey nigga motha fuckaaa,
                      wass up?
J.D.:
              How’s my white broda jack ass motha fucka?
Lee:
              I’m kinda busy right now J. D.
J.D.:
              Yeah, I’m gonna sit over there, you join me later...
Lee:
              Alright..... Hey, Cindy? Hello? Cindy?... Shit!
 

(If it was a play: There’s a small bottle of pills by the bed. Cindy grabs it, empties the bottle into her hand and holds for a moment. As she puts a handful of pills to her mouth, the light fades.)
 

Sem comentários: